If you’ve been having bouts of sneezes or runny nose whenever you laid foot on your carpets, it’s best to consider getting a carpet shampoo for allergies.
Carpet works as the skin to our floor. While the carpet is embellishing our place, it also entraps dust particles, dirt, pet dander and absorbs various types of liquids. After all this, the carpet becomes home to different allergens, and it is extremely important to thoroughly clean the carpet.
For cleaning purposes, you can use carpet shampoo. Carpet shampoos is an helps to remove allergens from the carpet.
How Carpets Are Perfect For Trapping Allergens?
Conventionally, carpets have been considered reservoirs for allergens, dust, pet dander and people were often advised to remove carpets from their home to be safe from allergic reactions. But modern research proves otherwise.
Extensive research from reputable institutions in the last 20 years contradicts the idea that carpets are the main cause of allergic reactions such as asthma. One such study, commissioned by the German Allergy and Asthma Society points to the reduction of fine dust when wall-to-wall carpets are used.
People are now advised to cover their floors with carpets. As the carpets excellently trap all the dust, dander, pollen and other allergens from the air, so cleaning them with some good products will get rid of the allergens.
Using Carpet Shampoo to Remove Allergens
Proper and stain-free carpet cleaning requires more than just a simple solution of plain soap and water. The amount of allergens the carpet absorbs, presence of hard and stubborn stains on top of the surface, and deep odors need some harsh and more effective cleaning products.
Cleaning the carpet with soap solution or simple vacuuming is not enough for the complete removal of allergens, and persistent stains. For better results, you will need a high-quality carpet shampoo. A carpet shampoo is purposely formulated using all the right ingredients in a specific ratio that help in complete removal of allergens.
Here’s How To Use The Shampoo
Carpet shampoo is a popular carpet cleaning product for removing dust and other allergens from the core of the carpet. There are a number of brands of carpet shampoo available in the market. Read the instruction on back of the packaging for the correct use of the shampoo. Following are the simple and easy steps to use carpet shampoo,
- As per the instructions on the packaging, make a solution of shampoo in the water or use the shampoo alone.
- Pour this solution on the carpet or spread the shampoo on a particular area of the carpet. Just make sure that the carpet is not too wet as its drying time will increase and it is a waste of cleaning product as well.
- Then with the help of hard-bristled brush scrub the carpet, especially the stained portion.
- Let the carpet dry for a while.
- After the carpet has dried, remove the shampoo using a vacuum cleaner.
Other than that, you can simply add carpet shampoo in the upright carpet cleaners for easy and thorough carpet cleaning.
Best Carpet Shampoo for Allergies 2020
With the availability of numerous brands, it is hard to make the right choice. For your ease, I have handpicked the best carpet shampoos available in the market right now.
1. Bissell Allergen Cleansing Formula
Bissell carpet cleaning shampoo is an excellent choice doe clearing your carpet from harmful allergens. Its formula is free from any harmful ingredients such as harsh chemicals, heavy metals, and dyes thus making it a safer choice for families with kids, and pets. Plus, with its exceptional performance, you can use it in the workplace as well.
- Free from heavy metals and dyes.
- Perfect to use in upright deep cleaners.
- The formula is checked by the EPA
2. Allersearch Anti Allergen Carpet Shampoo
All-Rug concentrated anti-allergen high-performance carpet shampoo by Allersearch is a powerful cleaning product. This product is manufactured using premium quality allergen neutralizers that completely cleanse the carpet from all sorts of environmental allergens.
Its high-performance detergent dissolves the old and persistent dirt and also attracts the freshly stuck dirt. Moreover, this shampoo removes both oil and water-based based stains effectively.
- Safe formula for humans, pets and the environment.
- Thoroughly remove allergens from rugs, carpets, and other soft furnishings.
- Clean oil-based stains.
3. Kirby Allergen Carpet Shampoo
Kirby carpet shampoo is unscented and is highly recommended for those people who are sensitive to strong fragrances. This carpet cleaning shampoo formulated with special and signature Kirby allergen control formula. It comes in one-gallon packaging. You can read the instructions written on the label for the correct use of this product.
- Unscented cleaning product.
- Authentic allergen control formula
- Effectively reduce dust mite allergens.
4. Capture Pre-Mist Carpet Cleaner
Capture presents an exceptional carpet cleaning shampoo packed in a spray bottle. The pre-mist carpet pretreatment and spot remover boost your carpet cleaning process. This pre-mist spray loosens tough and resistant stains.
With easy to handle spraying bottle, you can effortlessly sprinkle this cleaning product not only on your rugs and carpet but on other soft furnishings as well. For complete removal of allergens, use this product after every 8 weeks.
- Comes in an easy to use spray bottle.
- Clean spills and tough stains.
- Safe to use.
- Relief from odors and smell.
5. Ecogreen Naturama Carpet Shampoo
The All-Natural carpet shampoo by Ecogreen works exceptionally well against toughest stains, allergens, and microbes. Manufactured in the state of the art facilities of US, the high-performance formula of this carpet shampoo perfectly removes stains of food, dirt, grease, and pets. This is a plant-derived product, free from harmful chemicals. This is a biodegradable, hypoallergenic product.
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Safe for the people, pets, and environment
- Free from unpleasant artificial fragrances.
- Antimicrobial anti-allergen cleaner
6. Fresh Solutions Carpet Shampoo
Fresh Solutions provide powerful cleaning shampoo for carpets and upholstery. This product works efficiently at both commercial space and residential place. The US EPA has screened all ingredients used in the processing of this product and has certified it safe for human health.
As for its cleaning capacity, this cleaning shampoo penetrates deep into the fibers and dissolves stains and removes all allergens effectively.
- Easily useable in deep cleaning machines and hoover.
- Remove allergens.
- EPA certified as “Safer Choice”.
Carpet Cleaning Tips for Allergy Sufferers
- Regular Use of Vacuum
In addition to using good carpet cleaners, regular vacuuming is immensely important. For best results use HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) vacuum cleaners. The HEPA vacuum cleaner has a high-performance filter which can trap 99.7% of fine particles from the carpet.
- Steam cleaning
Steam cleaning or deep cleaning excellently removes more than 90% of the dirt and microbes from the carpet. Through this method, you can easily extract dirt residing in the lowest layer of the carpet.
- Types of carpet
Types of the carpet also greatly impact the cleaning results. Some carpets are easier to clean than others. Carpets which have low short, surface area fibers that are coated with fluorocarbon are easier to clean. So you must be aware of your carpet type to perfectly clean it with different cleaning products.
Regular carpet cleaning with high-quality products is extremely important, and if you are an allergy sufferer then you must clean your carpet thoroughly every 8 weeks. Carpet shampoos can help you in the removal of the allergens from the carpet, leaving your place clean, and allergen-free.
Carpet-loving people may be delighted by studies that recommend the use of carpets to trap allergen. However, it’s crucial to ensure that allergens are removed from the carpet, especially if you’re suffering from allergies. Hopefully, you’ve got the perfect carpet shampoo to help you out.
- Best Carpet Cleaners For Dust Mites
- The Best Dust Mite Powder For Carpets
- Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners For Allergies And Pet Hairs
- How To Get Rid Of Dust Mites In The Carpet (5 Effective Ways)
- Best Steam Cleaners For Dust Mites Infested Carpets